SYNTH – O - L
Synthetic Organic Laboratories
Research-Systematic Scientific Approach, The art of scientific investigation,
Re -Search of Existing Knowledge.
Guidance to – Hands on Training
Ph.D/ M.Phil/ M.Sc/ M.Tech/ B.Tech/ Bio Tech/Bio Chemistry/Chemical Engineering
Universities/Foreign Universities/Research Institutions/Industries
Research Assistance to
Organic Synthesis/ Total synthesis/Organometallics/Crystals and Nano sciences
Identification and definition of the problem
Formulation of a hypothesis /Experimental Design /Methods/Collection and Analysis/Experimental Verification
Help through in our experience for
Novel, Topic selection – Literature collection
Manuscript Preparation/Journal search/Editing/publication/Conference Alert
Synopsis writing/Thesis writing/ printing
Chromatographic Techniques, Column Chromatography, TLC- Chromatography
Assistance for Characterization Methods
Gc/IR /Mass/NMR ,XRD/SEM/TEM
Row Mantle for Synthesis, Distillation, Roto Vac for Evaporation, Incubator for Bio, Laminar Flow for Bio and All Types of Biological Tests
Dr.V.BALASUBRAMANI, M.Sc., M.Phil., MBA.,Ph.D.
Ph.D., Synthetic Organic Chemistry, 2012, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, India
Thesis - Studies on the Synthesis and Applications of Novel Chiral Catalysts for Asymmetric Synthesis
M.Phil. Water Qualities, 2008, Alagappa University, India
Thesis - A Comparative study on irrigational qualities of bore well and well waters.
Asthagiri Herbal Research Foundation, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Research supervisor: Dr. S.Narasimhan, Chairman and Managing Director.
Synthesis of Novel substituted Salicylaldehydes, Reduction of Prochiral Ketones and Michael Reactions – 2009 -2012
Master of Philosophy (Research):
Alagappa University, Karaikudi, India.
Research Advisor: Prof Dr.Punithamoorthy – 2007-2008
A Comparative study on irrigational qualities of bore well and well waters
Centre of Advanced Study in Crystallography and Biophysics,University of Madras, Chennai,India -2011
Fisher Chemic Ltd., Chennai, India. 2011
Synthesis of Z-11 alcohols
|Dhanalakshmi College of Engineering
|June 2012 – Dec 2013
|Asthagiri Herbal Research Foundation
|June-2008 to Aug 2011
|Sky Research Foundation
|May 2002- March 2007
- Experienced in the design and synthesis of novel chiral ligands and applied them in reactions like asymmetric reduction of ketones, and Michael reactions.
- Experienced in the synthesis of insect sex pheromones Z-11-Hexadecenol and Z- 13- Octadecenyl acetate which are used in the control of the inter node borer and early shoot borer in sugar cane.
- Modified the domestic microwave oven to conduct asymmetric reactions under an inert atmosphere and studied the influence of Microwaves in asymmetric Michael
- Expertise in handling pyrophoric reagents like, BH3/THF, LiAlH4 and Borane-Methyl sulfide and in doing reactions under inert atmosphere.
- Interpretation of the spectral details by UV, IR, MS, GC.
- Software knowledge: Chemdraw, ChemOffice, Chemsketch, Chemix and Origin.
- Dr.Narasimhan, Sreerajgopi, V.Balasubramani, ‘Novel Scaling up Procedure for the ‘Synthesis of Z-11- alcohol Pheromones’.
Patented Number: 2972/CHEM/2010.
- Dr.Narasimhan, Sreerajgopi, V.Balasubramani, ‘Novel Process for Synthesizing Diens’.
Patented Number: 2063/CHE/2009.
- Dr.Narasimhan ,Sreerajgopi, V.Balasubramani, ‘Dicaranyl Borane - An Alternate Reagent for Allyl Boration Derivatives Leading to Asymmetric Epoxides’
Published - The Patent Office Journal 03/06/11/9681.
- V.Balasubramani, T. Vinuchakkaravarthy, SreerajGopi, S. Narasimhan and D. Velmurugan “3-Bromo-5-tert-butyl-2-hydroxybenzaldehyde”Acta Cryst. (2011). E67, o3375.
- V.Balasubramani, T. Vinuchakkaravarthy, SreerajGopi, S. Narasimhan and D. Velmurugan “2-Bromo-4-tert-butyl-6-[(pyridin-2-limino) methyl] phenol” Acta Cryst. (2011). E67, o3483.
- V.Balasubramani, Sreeraj Gopi and S. Narasimhan “Microwave Assisted Synthesis of Biologically Active Schiff’s Bases” International Journal of Chemistry and Applications, Volume 3, Number 3 (2011), pp. 283-290.
- Sreeraj Gopi, V.Balasubramani, S. Narasimhan “Solvent less regio- selective hydroboration of terminal double bond leading to costeffective synthesis of Z-11 -hexadecenol.” Asian journal of chemistry (Vol. 23, No. 8, 2011)
- Sreeraj Gopi, V.Balasubramani, D.Priya Matharasi, S.Narasimhan “A facile, convenient synthesis of Z-11-hexadecene-1-ol, with exceptional regioselectivity” International Journal of Applied chemistry (Vol-3, 2011).
- Sreeraj Gopi, V.Balasubramani, D.Priya Matharasi, S.Narasimhan “Exploration of dicaranyl methyl borate for asymmetric epoxidation - synthesis of pheromone intermediates” Asian journal of chemistry (Vol 24, No.6, 2011).
- V.Balasubramani, Iyeswaria.K.B, ‘Novel Method on Ecalene Production- A Bio- Fuel. 98th Indian science congress-2011, SRM University, Chennai.
- V.Balasubramani, Iyeswaria.K.B , ‘Novel Method for Treatment of Effluent from Dyeing Industry , 98th Indian science congress-2011, SRM University,
- V.Balasubramani, Sreerajgopi, Dr.Narasimhan ‘Synthesis of Pheromone Inter mediates A Green Chemistry Approach’ International conference - ICRRTCS – 2009. VIT Vellore. TN.
- V.Balasubramani, Sreerajgopi, Dr.Narasimhan ‘Green Chemistry In the Synthesis Of Diene Intermediates – Possible Synthons For Pheromone Synthesis’ International conference – ICCTCB- 2009. Bangalore University.
- V.Balasubramani ‘Synthetic applications of Organometallic Compounds ’International conference –ICCOC – 2008. Bharathiar University.Coimbatore.TN.
- V.Balasubramani Green Energy Technologies. International conference - ICGET – 2010. Pondicherry University.
- Iyeswaria.K.B, V.Balasubramani ‘Novel Method on Ecalene Production A BioFuel,International conference – GCASE -2010. Holy Cross College. Tiruchirapalli. TN.
- V.Balasubramani Iyeswaria.K.B, ‘Novel Process of Ethanol Production. International conference – GCASE -2010. Holy Cross College. Tiruchirapalli. TN.
- V.Balasubramani, Indian youth Science Congress – IYSC – 2010 SRM University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- V.Balasubramani, International Conference on Emerging Technologies In Renewable Energy – ICETRE – 2010 - Anna University, Chennai. TN.